The Independent Countrywide Electoral Commission (INEC) has reacted to the freezing of its accounts.
A Federal High Courtroom in Abuja, past week, ordered the freezing of its accounts in excess of a N34bn agreement.
The Court also ordered the deduction of around N17 billion from the accounts of the electoral overall body in favour of a person of its contractors, Beddings Holdings Ltd (BHL).
But the electoral umpire has assured there is no cause for alarm.
Chief Push Secretary to the INEC chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi informed Thisday: “It will not have an affect on the Ekiti governorship election”.
“The Unbiased National Electoral Commission has previously taken measures to tackle the difficulty. The situation is a recycled 1. It is not new.
“But considering the fact that it is now a make a difference in advance of a Federal Higher Court, I would not want to comment further,” he said.
INEC had said that it would be generating use of 10, 032 officials to conduct the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti state.
The commission also stated provisionally the whole variety of registered voters that are envisioned to participate in the Ekiti governorship poll is 919, 513.